JOB VACANCY: Product Engineer [CLOSED]
Product Engineer Job in Cambridge
Cradle to Grave Product Engineer
£30,000 – £35,000 + Benefits
NET LED Lighting is a manufacturers’ distributor for a range of commercial LED Lighting solutions and supplies products nationally to UK wholesalers. NET LED employs over 30 members of staff including a dedicated team of regional account managers and logistics personnel to ensure that it can achieve outstanding customer service.
The Product Engineer Role: In this classic cradle to grave product role you will be responsible for the success of our LED Lighting portfolio, both technically and commercially. Strategically, you will develop the product roadmap, help set pricing and plan market entry for new LED Lighting products. You will work closely with a range of external manufacturers and internally with Sales, Marketing and our customers to bring new products to market successfully through the NPD process. With a strong lighting portfolio already, you will also spend time ensuring our existing products are successful by working closely with sales teams on training and presenting to customers. All the time you will interface with marketing teams to provide the knowledge to position and promote the products in the wider market.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work closely with the Operations and Sales & Marketing teams to source the next generation of Commercial and Industrial LED Luminaires
- Using industry knowledge, participate in the development of product briefs for our manufacturing partners to ensure that we continue to deliver the newest ideas and features at competitive prices resulting in successful, profitable products that excel in our market sectors
- To provide the Sales & Marketing team with technical support and guidance
- To use interpersonal skills to work as an effective member of the Operations team whilst being clearly focused on achieving planned deadlines
- To design quality into products from the outset and follow the structured company quality procedures
Requirements for the Product Engineer Role:
- A highly capable Product Design Engineer with knowledge in developing LED lighting products
- Excellent engineering and aesthetic skills
- A get-the-job-done attitude and able to work additional hours as required when travelling abroad to work with suppliers
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (Product Design, Product Design Engineering etc.)
What must you bring?
Proven cradle to grave product management experience in the B2B market and having managed a tangible engineered product previously, you will be able to demonstrate strong communications skills, excellent commercial acumen and the ability to work both strategically and tactically to drive success.
If you feel you are suitable for our Product engineer position, please apply now.